My Reiki Journey (so far)
My journey with Reiki started in 2012 when having been drawn to the word healing for some time, my curiosity got the better of me and I decided to study Usui Reiki Level 1 which is non-practitioner but can be used for self-healing as well as with friends/family.
“OK so what’s next? Where do I go?” were the thoughts that crossed my mind and having done some research on things to look for, I ended up phoning some teachers in the Weston-super-Mare area, then arranged to meet them in person for a brief chat. Intrigued and excited, I decided to book onto a one day training course. I practised self-healing quite regularly after that day, read a few books from time to time and spoke to one or two people. It took me five years along with lots of self-healing and soul searching before I felt drawn to and able to become a Reiki Master Teacher in March 2017. I became so full of questions and the following are some things I’ve learned along the way:-
different books and different people may tell you different things which can be very frustrating and confusing so go with what sits most comfortably on your own shoulders (even if you need to put your query on the backburner and revisit it another day).
If you feel isolated on your path, try to talk to someone. In Weston-Super-Mare there’s group of like-minded folks called Positive Living Group (used to be Spiritual Coffee) which pre-pandemic met once a month on Monday evening. Positive Living Group is a nationwide network so there may be one near your home too.
Choosing the right teacher is a very important decision. Things you need to consider are whether you’d benefit more from a one, two or maybe three day course. Consider what apres-training support is available and whether it’s chargeable. Ask the teacher about their journey, how long it took them to move between Level 1 and Master/Teacher – gauge whether you can relate to and work with them. (Having learned Reiki Level 1 in one day, I realised I’d prefer longer learning times, hence subsequent levels were studied over two days each with a different teacher).
- A Reiki Master Teacher is someone who has studied Reiki to Master level and who has trained to teach Reiki. (It may be said that Reiki is their Master; it does not mean they are a student’s Master, simply that they are the student’s teacher). A Reiki Master Teacher may not be your Teacher for life. It makes sense for a student to try to work with one teacher on their path because you both grow together but if a student is considering further training and following discussion with their current teacher has doubts about working with them again, there is no reason they should not train with someone else. For example, when I decided to train as an Usui Reiki Practitioner, I realised I needed a different pace of learning as a one day course was not enough for me. I recognised a two day course would be more appropriate for me so I selected to work with a different Reiki Teacher.
It is vitally important to learn forgiveness (of yourself and others) and the need for each of us to learn to love ourselves first because at the end of the day, if we don’t, we won’t really be able to take care of or love anyone else. If you don’t learn to let go of a niggle, it’ll come back to you in different ways until you do release it.
- Reiki is a gently powerful healing tool that isn’t just a way of finding deep peace and relaxation; it doesn’t just heal poor health; it’s not just a way to make money – it can be life changing.
- From personal experience as well as checking with the United Kingdom Reiki Federation, the Complementary Therapists Association and the International Centre for Reiki Training, I can tell you It IS NOT true to say a student needs to be a vegetarian/vegan before studying Reiki. (Some trainers suggest you may like to try to reduce/eliminate smoking, drinking alcohol or eating meat during the 21 day cleanse).
- When considering what style of Reiki to train in, remember there is only one source.
My Reiki journey continues – learning to teach it doesn’t mean the end by any stretch of the imagination. Reiki encourages us to release toxins from our lives, be that negative thoughts, poor diets and such like. Over time, Reiki has helped me become a calmer, kinder, more tolerant and less judgemental person … I’m so glad I discovered it.
Holy Fire III (R) Karuna Reiki (R) Master
Following on from my studies into Usui Reiki, I am pleased to say I have now trained as a Holy Fire ®III Karuna Reiki ® Master Teacher. Holy Fire energy is noticeably more refined and comes from a higher level of consciousness, I am pleased to be able to offer face to face and distance healing sessions. Holy Fire energy is both powerful and gentle and provides purification, healing, empowerment and guidance. It was introduced in 2014 by William Rand of the International Centre for Reiki Training, of which I am an affiliate member.
Whilst I am able to teach this style of Reiki (both on line and face to face), I have currently chosen not to for a short time.
I’ve been described as WYSIWYG (wizzywig) – what you see is what you get – and that’s quite true. Presenting myself as a Reiki teacher, I can offer you great depth of life experience, extensive experience including as a trainer and a high level of commitment to quality and transparency. I am also formally qualified to teach people over the age of 16 years. In addition, I am a member of the United Kingdom Reiki Federation and International Centre for Reiki Training who set standards of practice for Reiki.
(Live On-Line Training also available as well as face to face training)
Usui Reiki Training
First Degree (Level 1): Will enable you to use Reiki for self-healing and on your friends, family and pets as well as to support you on your path of personal growth. You will learn about the history of Reiki alongside how it can be used in every-day situations such as reviving ‘tired’ plants.
Second Degree (Level 2): Designed for those who already hold a certificate in Reiki Level 1 and wish to further develop their understanding and practice of Reiki. It is also for those who wish to become a practitioner. Your learning will include an explanation of the Reiki symbols, how to carry out distance healing, guidance on being a professional Reiki practitioner and working with clients.
Third Degree: Reiki Master Practitioner: Introduces you to using Reiki as a day to day spiritual practise using the power of the master symbol.
Third Degree: Reiki Master Teacher: As well as consolidating your learning so far, this course will introduce you to the Master Teacher symbol and show you how to do attunements so you can teach students yourself. (NB: my current understanding is that it is not necessary for a person holding a formal teaching qualification to then do a separate Reiki teaching qualification, although you will need to learn how to carry out attunements/ignitions/placements).
This prepares you to be able to channel Reiki. Reiki healing energy and stimulates your physical, spiritual, emotional and energetic bodies, promoting personal growth on all levels.
Training for each Usui Reiki course equates to two days and formats include:-
one x 2 hour session per week over 6 weeks; one x 3 hour session per week over 4 weeks;
four x 3 hour sessions over 1 week; two x 6 hour sessions
I am happy to consider other formats that may be more appropriate to suit your requirements (e.g. two days). My aim is to hold sessions that fit in with your daily routines.
Investment: Usui Reiki Training
|Level 3||(Master practitioner)||£180|
(A non-refundable deposit of £30 will secure your place)
As part of each Usui Reiki course you will be asked to undertake a 21 day cleanse where you may or may not feel changes within your body as it adjusts to the attunements.
Your attunements will be timed so you complete the cleanse whilst still on our weekly training sessions. This is invaluable as any student concerns can easily be addressed.
Training Dates: start dates are flexible so please get in touch with your inquiries.
- At the end of each course you will receive a detailed manual and a certificate of completion as well as follow-up support.
- I tend to not include healing with crystals as part of my Reiki training courses simply to allow students to feel the purity, simplicity and gently powerful nature of Reiki healing energy on its own – you don’t really need to use other tools. However, if students would like guidance on using crystals in healing, I am happy to offer this at the end of the course at no additional cost.
- It is a good idea to leave a gap of about three months between completing Level 1 training and considering Level 2 training so the body gets used to how the energy feels and to working with it. A gap of six months is suggested between Level 2 training and Level 3 Reiki Master Practitioner training for the same reason. Usui Reiki really is a gently powerful healing tool – the reason I suggest gaps between learning different levels is because part of anyone’s Reiki journey is self healing and recognising and letting go of our own ‘stuff’ can sometimes take a little while.
- Apres training support includes a monthly face to face share (or on-line as conditions permit), alongside contact by email/text/PM/telephone should you have any queries – all free of charge.
Holy Fire ®III Karuna Reiki ®
Training dates and investments for this style of Reiki to be confirmed.
Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you’ve got any queries.