I’ve been described as WYSIWYG (wizzywig) – what you see is what you get – and that’s quite true. Presenting myself as a Reiki teacher, I can offer you great depth of life experience, extensive experience including as a trainer and a high level of commitment to quality and transparency. I am also formally qualified to teach people over the age of 16 years. In addition, I am a member of the International Centre for Reiki Training and the Complementary Therapist Association who set standards of practice for Reiki.
My Reiki Journey (so far)
My journey with Reiki started in 2012 when having been drawn to the word healing for some time, my curiosity got the better of me and I decided to study Usui Reiki Level 1 which is non-practitioner but can be used for self-healing as well as with friends/family.
“OK so what’s next? Where do I go?” were the thoughts that crossed my mind and having done some research on things to look for, I ended up phoning some teachers in the Weston-super-Mare area, then arranged to meet them in person for a brief chat. Intrigued and excited, I decided to book onto a one day training course. I practised self-healing quite regularly after that day, read a few books from time to time and spoke to one or two people. It took me five years along with lots of self-healing and soul searching before I felt drawn to and able to become a Reiki Master Teacher in March 2017. I became so full of questions and the following are some things I’ve learned along the way:-
different books and different people may tell you different things which can be very frustrating and confusing so go with what sits most comfortably on your own shoulders (even if you need to put your query on the backburner and revisit it another day).
If you feel isolated on your path, try to talk to someone. In Weston-Super-Mare there’s group of like-minded folks called Positive Living Group (used to be Spiritual Coffee) which pre-pandemic met once a month on Monday evening. Positive Living Group is a nationwide network so there may be one near your home too.
Choosing the right teacher is a very important decision – perhaps talk to more than one trainer. Things you need to consider are the training format. Consider what apres-training support is available and whether it’s chargeable. Ask the teacher about their journey, how long it took them to move between Level 1 and Master/Teacher – gauge whether you can relate to and work with them. (Having learned Usui Reiki Level 1 in one day, I realised I’d prefer longer learning times, hence subsequent levels were studied over two days each with a different teacher).
- A Reiki Master Teacher is someone who has studied Reiki to Master level (i.e. the third degree) and who has trained to teach Reiki. (It may be said that Reiki is their Master; it does not mean they are a student’s Master, simply that they are the student’s teacher). A Reiki Master Teacher may not be your Teacher for life. It makes sense for a student to try to work with one teacher on their path because you both grow together but if a student is considering further training and following discussion with their current teacher has any uncertainty about working with them again, there is no reason they should not train with someone else. For example, when I decided to train as an Usui Reiki Practitioner, I realised I needed a different pace of learning as a one day course was not enough for me. I recognised a two day course would be more appropriate for me hence I opted to work with a different Reiki Teacher.
It is vitally important to learn forgiveness (of yourself and others) and the need for each of us to learn to love ourselves first because at the end of the day, if we don’t, we won’t really be able to take care of or love anyone else. If you don’t learn to let go of a niggle, it’ll come back to you in different ways until you release it.
- Reiki is a gently powerful healing tool that isn’t just a way of finding deep peace and relaxation; it doesn’t just heal poor health; it’s not just a way to make money – it can be life changing.
- From personal experience as well as checking with the United Kingdom Reiki Federation, the Complementary Therapists Association and the International Centre for Reiki Training, I can tell you It IS NOT true to say a student needs to be a vegetarian/vegan before studying Reiki. (However, some trainers suggest you may like to try to reduce/eliminate smoking, drinking alcohol or eating meat during the 21 day cleanse).
- When considering what style of Reiki to train in, remember there is only one source.
My Reiki journey continues – learning to teach it doesn’t mean the end by any stretch of the imagination. Reiki encourages us to release toxins from our lives, be that negative thoughts, poor diets and such like. Over time, Reiki has helped me become a calmer, kinder, more tolerant and less judgemental person … I’m so glad I discovered it.
REIKI TRAINING (Face to Face and Live On-Line Training available)
Holy Fire ®III Karuna Reiki ®
Holy Fire energy is more refined and comes from a higher level of consciousness. It’s both powerful and gentle and provides purification, healing, empowerment and guidance. It was introduced in 2014 by William Rand of the International Centre for Reiki Training (ICRT). Karuna translates to mean any action that is taken to diminish the suffering of others.
First Degree (Level 1): Will enable you to use Reiki for self-healing and on your friends and family, as well as to support you on your path of personal growth. Among many things, you will learn about the history of Reiki alongside how it can be used in every-day situations.
Second Degree (Level 2): Designed for those who already hold a certificate in Reiki Level 1 and wish to further develop their understanding and practice of Reiki. It is also for those who wish to become a practitioner. Your learning will include an explanation of the Reiki symbols, how to carry out distance healing, guidance on being a professional Reiki practitioner and working with clients.
Third Degree: Reiki Master Practitioner / Teacher: Introduces you to using Reiki as a day to day spiritual practise using the power of the master symbol. (Master Teacher training requires additional learning wherein you will learn how to do ignitions/placements/attunements following which you will be able to teach Usui/Holy Fire ®III Karuna Reiki)
*Your investment includes a detailed manual by ICRT
*Free ongoing support via email, telephone and monthly share group
*A non-refundable deposit of £40 will secure your place
Usui/Holy Fire ® III Reiki L1 2 consecutive days £160
Usui/Holy Fire ® III Reiki L2 2 consecutive days £175
Usui/Holy Fire ® III Reiki L1 & 2 (investment made at same time) 4 days £290
Holy Fire ®III Karuna Reiki ® Master 3 consecutive days £350
This prepares you to be able to channel Reiki. Reiki healing energy and stimulates your physical, spiritual, emotional and energetic bodies, promoting personal growth on all levels.
(NB: Training format for traditional Usui Reiki Training can be more flexible e.g. one x 2 hour session per week over 6 weeks; one x 3 hour session per week over 4 weeks;
four x 3 hour sessions over 1 week; two x 6 hour sessions over two days).
As part of each course you will be encouraged to undertake a 21 day cleanse where you may or may not feel changes within your body as it adjusts to the attunements/placements/ignitions.
Training Dates: start dates are flexible so please get in touch with your inquiries.
- At the end of each course you will receive a detailed manual and a certificate of completion as well as follow-up support. (Should you opt for training in traditional Usui Reiki, your detailed manual will have been created by me. For any Holy Fire associated training, the manuals will have been created by the ICRT)
- I tend to not include healing with crystals as part of my Reiki training courses simply to allow students to feel the purity, simplicity and gently powerful nature of Reiki healing energy on its own – you don’t really need to use other tools. However, if students would like guidance on using crystals in healing, I am happy to offer this at the end of the course at no additional cost.
- Although it’s not necessary, you may want to consider leaving a gap of about three months between completing Level 1 training and considering Level 2 training so the body gets used to how the energy feels and to working with it. A gap of at least six months is recommended between Level 2 training and Level 3 Reiki Master Practitioner training for the same reason.
- Reiki really is a gently powerful healing tool – the reason gaps between learning different levels are suggested is because part of anyone’s Reiki journey is self healing and recognising and letting go of our own ‘stuff’ can sometimes take a little while.
- Apres training support includes a monthly face to face share (or on-line as conditions permit), alongside contact by email/text/PM/telephone should you have any queries – all free of charge.
Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you’ve got any queries.