My aim at all times is to provide you with the most positive experience I can.
- It is advisable to discuss any health concerns prior to an appointment. This will hopefully prevent any disappointments if GP approval is required before a treatment can be carried out. It is your responsibility to update me on any changes to your health so your treatment can be amended if need be.
- In case of pregnancy a treatment will not be carried out until after the first trimester.
- Parents/guardians should accompany any client under the age of 18.
- I only work with gentlemen that I know or who are referred to my by clients/friends.
- Inappropriate Behaviour – the massage types I offer are for relaxation and therapeutic services only. There is (and never will be) no sexual component whatsoever to any of my massages.
- Cancellation – please provide at least 24 hours notice of any appointment change or cancellation. When you cancel or miss your appointment with less than 24 hours notice I am not always able to fill the cancelled appointment time. Late cancellation due to emergency or illness is unlikely to result in any missed appointment charges, but this is determined on a case by case basis.
Updates to Accommodate Coronavirus/Covid-19 Pandemic – Return to Practice
I have really missed being able to work as a holistic and beauty therapist and offering you treatments you enjoy.
With your safety in mind, and in line with government guidelines, I have carried out a comprehensive risk assessment of my practice as well as completing an accredited coronavirus clinical safety course. I am now pleased to outline below the updated hygiene and safety measures being adopted at Armonia Olistica for the foreseeable future.
Minimising the risk of contracting and spreading Covid-19
Booking Appointments: These can continue to be made by:
- Telephone/text: (07862 216 254)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Private Message (on Facebook)
NHS Track and Trace
Clients can choose to scan the QR code on arrival or I can keep a note of basic client details (name, phone number or email address) . This information will be kept for 21 days then destroyed.
- If you have booked an appointment and fall ill or show symptoms of Covid-19, I respectfully ask that you notify me as soon as possible and that you do not come to the treatment room. Should this happen, you would of course be able to re-book when you feel well enough to do so or you may wish to consider a voucher.
- If I become ill or show symptoms of Covid-19 I would need to cancel your appointment at short notice which would be a disappointing but necessary measure to keep you safe.
Payment for treatments:
These can be made by:
- BACS (including following the treatment whilst still at the treatment room)
- Card payments
To minimise the risk of clients or myself contracting Covid-19 when visiting for a treatment, I have held a walk-through inspection of every area clients are likely to pass through and considered what is best practice regarding:
- business premises and treatment areas
- hygiene protocols
- consultation, treatment and aftercare advice
- business policies
- insurance requirements
Non-essential items and those which are difficult to disinfect/cleanse e.g. magazines and soft furnishings have been moved.
- I will wear a visor/mask to shield myself and clients during treatments
- Clients will be invited to wear a mask and/or gloves during a treatment which I can provide. Clients may also request that I wear additional protective clothing.
- I will meet clients on arrival at the door, offer them a visor and walk ahead of them to escort them upstairs wiping door handles, bannisters etc as we go. Similarly I will also accompany clients when exiting the building after appointments.
- Clients will be offered anti-bacterial gel/spray/wipes to cleanse their hands when arriving at the treatment room. Antibacterial gel/wash/spray/wipes will also be available in the bathroom and treatment room.
- I will wash my hands with hand wash then cleanse with anti-bacterial gel/spray/wipes before, after and between treatments
- Hygiene checklists – completed lists can be made available should clients wish to see them
- Appropriate cleaning of hands, surfaces, the treatment area and equipment will take place before, between and after client appointments. This will include (a) front doorbell/handle/knocker (b) handles, handrails, bannisters, light switches (c) toilet and sink area (d) chairs in waiting area (e) pens or mobile device screens.
- Items needed for treatments that cannot be disinfected or washed between each client (e.g. bolster cushions) will be covered in a non-porous material that can be effectively wiped down with disinfectant and then covered with something soft and replaceable/washable between clients. Consideration will be given as to whether alternatives can be used at such times e.g. a rolled-up towel instead of a bolster cushion.
- Please be assured that all towels, covers, flannels, wipes and such like used in the treatment room are replaced between client treatments and are machine washed at temperatures of 60 degrees +
- Where available and practical recyclable/single use/disposable alternatives will be used
- The treatment room will be ventilated between clients
- Foot-operated pedal bins with a lid and liner are available for general waste in the treatment room and bathroom
- Appointment times will be spaced in such a way to prevent one client coming into contact with another.
When receiving appointment requests, clients will be asked if they are in self-isolation or if they have been in contact with somebody who has symptoms of Covid-19. If the answer is yes to either of these questions, bookings will be deferred for an appropriate period of time.
Consultation process and aftercare advice:
Consultations will be carried out prior to all treatments. Depending on style of initial contact, this may be by telephone/email/PM to help save time on the day of the appointment. Questions will include requests for updates on contraindications/contra-actions that may have occurred between treatments as well as questions with a Covid-19 focus being added to the standard pre-treatment consultation to clarify whether a treatment may go ahead. So please be prepared for your consultation to perhaps take a little longer.