… with Pop Up Business School.
Looking for Inspiration, Ideas, Energy and Answers to get your business idea off the ground (or to help move you further along your path) then this would be a great FREE event to go to in Bristol in February 2020. I went to the Pop Up Business School workshops earlier this year and immediately sensed the high impact, high energy, often outside the box thinking this team expends in helping people realise there are ways to do what you want to do and you don’t have to start off in debt with a business loan. The workshops are free to attend as they’re funded by the local sponsor.
I really benefited from meeting this incredible team – apart from everything else, I found them to be informative, encouraging, patient and very generous with their time. Other attendees crossed all boundaries in terms of age, gender and business idea so if you’ve got the time to go to at least some of the workshops, there’s no excuse not to!
Until 23rd December 2019. Nurture Yourself or Why Not Gift a Voucher to a loved one? Just check out my FB page – armoniaolisticaweston – or the pamper packages tab on this website. Let yourself be persuaded to come see the sea views …
NB: Luxury facials include a hand/arm and foot/lower leg massage
Vouchers have a use by date of 30 June 2020
One of my next moves forward towards a more ecofriendly lifestyle is to make a lot more of my own household cleaning products eg general purpose cleaner, antiseptic spray and launry detergent. Below is a recipe to Make Your Own Laundry Detergent from Friends of the Earth.
- 1 bar of shaved bar soap, this can be oil-based castile soap (Dr Bronner’s) or chemical-free laundry soap (Sunshine, Ivory, Fels-Naptha or Zote)
- 1/2 cup of soda crystals (Dri-Pak)
- 1/2 cup of borax (US) or borax substitute (UK) – optional
Perfect for all front-loading washing machines. Stir together soap shavings and soda crystals until well combined. Decant into a container and store. Use 1 tablespoon per load (2 for heavy soils).
Here’s a link to their website offering more DIY recipes: https://friendsoftheearth.uk/natural-resources/homemade-cleaning-products-5-fantastic-recipes
I’m probably going to make a more positive effort to eat healthily after Christmas. Here’s an easy read article from the Metro newspaper that suggests ways we could try to eat a rainbow of colours in our diet
I find Essential Oils almost magical with their wide ranging uses. As I recently reflected on feeling quite out of balance (out of sync), I was reminded that essential oils can be used in chakra healing. Some of the essential oils that can be used in healing chakras are:-
1. Root: Patchouli, St John’s Wort, Frankincense
2. Sacral: Rosemary, Orange, Neroli, Juniper
3. Solar Plexus: Lemon, Rosemary, Peppermint, Marjoram
4. Heart: Rose, Basil, Melissa and Rosewood
5. Throat: Lemongrass, Sage, Blue Chamomile
6. Brow/Third Eye: Clary Sage, Spruce, Lavender
7. Crown: Geranium, Sandalwood, Myrrh
* add (12 drops per 1 oz) to a massage base oil or cream and massage into the area.
* add 3-12 drops of essential oil to a tablespoon (15ml) of carrier oil to disperse it in bath water. Turn off the water tap before adding the oil blend, then get in and enjoy a long soak.
* breathing in the aromas from a diffuser.
I got talking to a lady the other day and had to smile when she said she was a rebound therapist which basically meant she uses trampolining therapeutically! She was very patient as I chatted about how I’d tried trampolining for a giggle but was disappointed when I didn’t manage to do any somersaults at my first attempt (as I always pictured I would/could). Rebound therapy uses trampolines to provide therapeutic exercises to people with a wide variety of disabilities and additional needs. The team also offer trampolining classes to able bodied adults. Rebound Therapy promotes movement, balance, support, muscle tone, fitness, sensory integration and relaxation and generally sounds like quite good fun – something a bit different. Follow the link for more information:
I’m fascinated by the positive changes in energy around my home when I’ve been decluttering – amazing. Please see here a bagua map describing the different ‘zones’ around a home alongside crystals that can be used to promote a more positive environment in each area – truly fascinating – and it works for me.
Please bear in mind that apart from using crystals to promote positive feng shui, increasing the amount of colour linked to an area has a similar impact e.g. a picture containing a lot of blue could be placed in the bottom left corner of a space (8) to bring more knowledge, wisdom and harmony.
As with so many subjects, I’ve come across varying ways to describe things, in this instance key words/affirmations linked with our energy centres. I wanted to share some of this info to offer alternatives that people may find easier to connect with and remember.
Physically based chakras (form foundations we build/stand on):
1. Root chakra – rep: ground from which we rise above and out of into life – willingness to be grounded (I have)
2. Sacral chakra – rep: creative and procreative centre; fire our imagination uses to actualise our desires – resist change or become spontaneous (I feel)
3. Solar Plexus – rep: harmonise with issues of power from our personal truths and strengths (I can)
4. Heart chakra – rep: bridge between physical and spiritual energy; place for love of ourselves, others, our world and environment (I love)
Spiritually based chakras:
5. Throat chakra – rep: centre for communication and trust, where we discriminate between realisation and understanding ie what is true for us. Key word: Trust
6. Third eye chakra – rep: inner wisdom and intuition, ideas and imagination, what we realise by creating with our 2nd chakra. Key word: Hope.
7. Crown chakra – rep: connection with higher forms of energy, where we become inspired to live. Key word: Faith.
An article in Prima talked about Sitting Less and moving more which sounds like a pleasantly gentle start to any fitness regime. The University of Utah have discovered swapping two minutes of sitting for two minutes of light exercise can help reverse the negative effects of prolonged sitting around! So try taking the stairs instead of the lift, try standing up when making/taking a phone call or try power walking instead of strolling.
Fitness and Fun – How about trying country dancing? Apart from making new friends and testing your memory, the stop/start/skipping movements country dancing involves can help strengthen your skeleton.
“The world needs less heat and more light. It needs less of the heat of anger, revenge, retaliation, and more of the light of ideas, faith, courage, aspiration, joy, love and hope.”